gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 02:57:55 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Uj'alayi recipe
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Uj'alayi recipe  (Read 6002 times)

Rejad Urruz

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
Uj'alayi recipe
« on: July 24, 2019, 06:06:24 AM »
Greetings, hungry Mandalorians. I've been busy slaying some mythosaurs recently, but now I'm here with the promised Uj'alayi a.k.a. Uj cake.

What we need?
For the syrup:
2/3 cup of honey
2/3 cup of syrup (I use combination of vanilla and maple syrup)
1 tbspn of crystalline or powder sugar
2 teaspoons of butter

For the basic mixture:
2 and 1/2 cup of roughly chopped nuts/seeds (I use whatever I have - hazelnuts, walnuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, peanuts)
2,5-3 cups of dried or candied fruit (raisins, cranberries, pineapple, mango, peaches, citrus peel), chopped to small pieces
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 pinch of fresh ground pepper, 1 pinch of curry
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
3/4 cup of flour

Instructions
Prepare a cake pan - put a baking paper on the bottom and cream it with butter as well as the sides of the cake pan.
Take all the nuts, dried & candied fruits, spices and flour and mix it well in a bowl. Make sure there are no pieces of fruit sticked to each other.
Start pre-heating your oven to 150-170°C (don't know how much it is in °F).
Put the honey, syrup, sugar and butter in a pot and put it on a medium heat. Wait until it starts to boil. Once it reaches the soft-ball stage, pour it immediately into the mixture of nuts, fruit, flour and spices and stir it carefully and quickly, so all the flour and spices are absorbed and everything is covered in the syrup.
Then put it all into the prepared cake pan and press it down firmly with moistened fingers.
Put it in oven and bake it for about 45 minutes.
After the 45 minutes take it out from the oven and let it sit for another 40-50 minutes. After that your cake is ready for serving.

Be careful: It is VERY sweet and EXTREMELLY filling. It usually takes me few days to eat it.
Enjoy your meal!

In the following days I'll tell you how to prepare the Bilerat stew.

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Uj'alayi recipe

gfxgfx
gfx gfx