gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 01:10:38 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  What's up?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 9723 times)

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
What's up?
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »
I want to be more active on here but I don't know what to try and get involved with. I check the board regularly but rarely see any new posts. Is there anyone working on a project (or who wants to start one) that I could be involved in? Send me a message or reply on here, I suppose.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
Re: What's up?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »
Only project I have is bringing the FoM back to life. I'm glad to know that you still check here.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
Only project I have is bringing the FoM back to life. I'm glad to know that you still check here.

Ou, maybe if we have a project to work on, more than just bringing it back to life, it might spur people to come. It'd have to be a good project that everyone can get on board with. What about a fan film? Take some time, but it could work; and maybe we can make it for fan film award and get the Mandalorian culture a big boost within the entirety of the fan base.

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »
One thing I know I'm interested in is working on developing stuff to learn Mando'a better. For example: I suck at phonetics and can never figure out how to pronounce the words. It'd be cool if we were able to work together and develop some sort of program to learn the language (plus, then, we'd all be pronouncing things the same way, more or less).

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
Glad to know I'm not the only one with problems. I keep speaking to this friend of mine who also knows a little Mando'a and he's constantly getting confused because I pronounce things so differently than he does, not because I'm speaking words he doesn't know.

I'd help with that.  ;D I know some programming, and have access to recording devices. But we need someone who knows how to pronounce the pronunciation section.

If we collect pictures to demonstrate certain words and couple the words with English words, have someone speaking it pronounced right, we could make a Mando'a language program. Then have quizzes, that would be easy programming to make after each unit is made.

We first need someone to divide up the words into categories, I'm not sure how best to do that though.

Just let me know what you need when.  8)

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Ha, me and my brother have tried to learn it together but we come up with completely different ways of pronouncing words.
I've got some ideas as to how to divide the words up - I actually spent a while going through and putting them into categories (including a section for phrases). I have a thing for Microsoft Excel, so it's in a spreadsheet.
As for the programing, if nothing else, I'm sure we can find some kind of free website to do it on. I made flashcards for myself online at one point but was never able to do much with them because I still couldn't figure out how to pronounce words.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
We can call it different dialects of Mando'a. :P lol.

How do you pronounce Di'kut, that was the most debated over in my circles. I always pronounced it dih-cut (dih as in the di in dill) But others pronounced it dik-ou-t (ou as in the oo in toot). And finally I've heard a sort of blend of the two, a slightly softer u than cut but not as ou sounding. Like a more u sounding o in cot.

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »
Di'kut is supposed to be pronounced as dee- koot

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »
Yeah so not quite the way you say it. But, hey, that's what a language program would be for.
(Pst. Orar. You interested?  ;) )
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:08:25 PM by Phoenix »

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
I'll only be able to help out with it here and there due to the fact that i don't get much time at home anymore, but sure.

I love this phrase:
   Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal, vebor'ad ures aliit. Mhi draar baati megparjiise, kote lo'shebs'ul nariit

Ten points goes to anyone who can translate without looking it up. (figurative points anyways :P)

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
No takers? It means:
   A pint of ale, a pint of blood, buys men without a name. We never care who wins the war, so you can keep your fame.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »
No takers? It means:
   A pint of ale, a pint of blood, buys men without a name. We never care who wins the war, so you can keep your fame.

I would have taken it, just got home though. :P lol

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
Yeah sorry, I wasn't on between the posts. I recognized the phrase, though.

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  What's up?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx