gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 05:36:03 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Introductions  |  Introductions  |  New.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New.  (Read 5324 times)

Phoenix

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
New.
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
Su'cuy gar, all. I'm Phoenix. I've been studying Mando'a and Mando'ade culture on and off for a while, and I keep getting drawn back in. I'm not much into RP, but more about how to expand what has been put out there by Karen Travis and others by participating in projects to flesh out the details of the culture. Also, I'm interested in collaborating to come up with ideas of how to expand the ideals into daily life without becoming an oddity in aruetii society - doing something like wearing physical armor would do that, but coming up with some sort of symbol that would fulfill the basic ideas of what the beskar'gam is for in the culture (showing shared identity, a part of death, etc) wouldn't be as noticeable to aruetii and therefore could be incorporated into every day life for anyone who wanted a more personal way to connect to being a Mando'ade than using role-playing forums.
(That was a very long sentence.)
And that's how talking about myself turned into a slight rant and a way to put out an idea to everyone who actually bothers to read this. If anyone's interested in opening dialogue about this/helping or already has something like this going and would like help, let me know?
So...yeah. Ret'!

ijaat meerel

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'uus
  • forward unto the unknown darkness
    • View Profile
Re: New.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
Good to meet you ner vod like the enthusiazim :D. interesting idea and will be looking forward to hashing out details with you!

Chekar Nasreyc'aliit

• The Merc
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Al'verde
  • "Ever seen what a Sonic Det can do to a Bith?"
    • View Profile
    • The Fett Aliit's Website(Note, this is for Fetts in the Veeray'tsad Be'Chaaj'Teh'Vhetin)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:38:42 AM »
I always say, "The Resol'nare said to wear armor. Not Beskar'gam. You could wear a thin layer of housepaint. As long as it protects you against *something*". So, clothing works. I am however in the process of making hidden plating to be installed under clothing. In due time it may look a little less.... chunky...

Other than than, welcome vod.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
Welcome to the Followers of Mandalore, Phoenix. I must say that I very much like the idea of expanding on Traviss's ideas, I've been contemplating that prospect for several months now. I've also contemplated the idea of the Followers of Mandalore contributing to Mandalorian and Star Wars canon. But anyway, welcome, glad to have you aboard.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Introductions  |  Introductions  |  New.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx