gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 18, 2024, 07:30:37 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  Gaming Discussion  |  A Proposition for the Gamers of the Followers of Mandalore (myself included)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Proposition for the Gamers of the Followers of Mandalore (myself included)  (Read 13795 times)

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
I have very recently had an idea, an idea for a specialized gaming association, known as the Legion of Mandalorian Gamers (or Mandalorian Gamers Legion). The reason for this is because I feel that it would be a more appropriate title for use in gaming, and is also directly related to my original master plan for the Followers of Mandalore: a master organization responsible for managing Mandalorian activities (I will elaborate on this at a later date).

I would like input from the Followers of Mandalore on this action.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
Not so fond of the name using legion, it just has such negative connotations of mass swine suicide and it also sounds like a skin disease. The concept is awesome though.

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
I agree with Skyhawk. No ideas towards the name though

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
This was so long ago I'd forgot it existed, but it's good to have feedback regardless.

Anyway, I basically took legion from the 501st Legion, (in-universe more than real life), and the other assorted legions. A few suggestions are league, association, alliance, coalition, guild, et cetera.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
Battalion, Group, Clans, squad, platoon,   8)

Well I know its not Star Wars, but I'm open to start a division once we get a name in Star Trek Online. ;)

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
I don't know anything about Star Trek Online, but I'm open to that. I also planned to start a Steam group if this idea came to fruition.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
I don't know anything about Star Trek Online, but I'm open to that. I also planned to start a Steam group if this idea came to fruition.

Steam group?

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
Or instead of aruetti names, we could use Aliit in the name. Maybe something along the lines of Mando'ade Gamers' Aliit. Just a thought.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
Or instead of aruetti names, we could use Aliit in the name. Maybe something along the lines of Mando'ade Gamers' Aliit. Just a thought.

Ou, me like... or Mando'ade Verde.... that's "warriors" right, "verde".

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
Seems a little redundant in my opinion, given Mandalorians' history

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
Seems a little redundant in my opinion, given Mandalorians' history

Well as opposed to warrior in training, disabled warrior, soon to be warrior in training (baby), in the oven soon to be warrior in training (not yet born), warrior farmers, warrior doctors, and new-mando arutise like Satine aka politicians and lawyers. These are just warrior warriors.

Kidding, you're right, it is a little bit redundant.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
Personally, I'm for titling it in English, primarily because Followers of Mandalore is traditionally written in English (note the logo at the top of the site, every alphabet there says Followers of Mandalore, except for Mandalorian, which says Shekemir be Mand'alor). Plus, it would be more likely to attract the less hardcore fans that aren't fluent in Mando'a.

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
Point taken ner vod. Mandalorian Gamers League maybe?

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
I'm all for using league, that was one of my favorite choices in the first place, but do we want Mandalorian Gamers League or League of Mandalorian Gamers? I have to say I like League of Mandalorian Gamers better, to me it just sounds more official, it's slightly longer, but it just seems to flow better. Of course that's just me.

Orar Skirata

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
I was trying to choose between League and Alliance, and League does sound better

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  Gaming Discussion  |  A Proposition for the Gamers of the Followers of Mandalore (myself included)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx