gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 18, 2024, 10:55:30 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Followers of Mandalore General  |  Important Meeting: State of the Followers of Mandalore
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Important Meeting: State of the Followers of Mandalore  (Read 13847 times)

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
Important Meeting: State of the Followers of Mandalore
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »
Attention, this is an important meeting for all members that wish to continue to partake in membership of the Followers of Mandalore! All members' presence is requested on this topic to discuss the state of the Followers of Mandalore, and what can be done to restore some level of activity.

As you are probably aware of, we have recently and over the past several months encountered an extreme lack of activity. Recent activity has reached a low unlike any that the Followers of Mandalore has ever seen. Most of the posts over the last few months were exclusively in the Monthly Check In board.

In the years of 2009 and 2010, the FoM was at its highest point, at that time, operations were conducted almost exclusively through Facebook, after the switch to Fett1138.net, activity levels dropped. In the past several months, there has been almost no activity from administrative members, and very little from all other members.

Now, I'm not trying to make anyone do something that they're not interested in, but I also don't want to see the organization I put a lot of work into fall apart and die out. I am just as much to blame as anyone else, I haven't been active recently more than anyone else.  I certainly understand that most or all of you, myself included, have busy lives, but activity not too far in the past was much higher than it is now.

I know I've started more than one thread like this at one time or another, but activity here has reached an all time low. I feel that the activity needs to be boosted, and I want to know what you think should be done to improve the Followers of Mandalore.

Thank you.
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
Re: Important Meeting: State of the Followers of Mandalore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »
I have no idea. But if you get an answer I want to know. These things have puzzled me since before I could be puzzled. If that were possible.  :o

I know with myself I have no idea what topics to start, so I wait for others to start them. Like this one here. So glad someone else is on!

"Look sir, humans!"
"These are not the humans you're looking for. You want to go home and rethink your life."
"You are not the humans that look exactly like you, everything I perceive is a lie! I will go home and rethink my life."

Ok, now I know I'm tired... goofy parodies are issuing from my fingers 8) Ou! Hey lets start a parody topic of who can come up with best parody lines! Actually that doesn't sound all that exciting now seeing it on the screen.

Vechter13

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »
  Su'cuy gar ner vode bal Mando'ade.  I do appologize for my absence from the clan page, but it wasn't for lack of want.  I will admit that part of my lack of activity on the page is partly due to my dislike of forum layouts, but I have done my best to stay up to date with recent events.  I've also been busy trying to rebuild my clan and get some projects in motion here in Nevada.  I feel that with FB, we were able to have better personal relationships among the clans and that is what helped to spike activity... not to mention the terf wars...  times are tough and making us busier, and other than ijaat meerel and Mike Borve, I've had a tough time to stay in contact.

Mand'alor, I believe that a second try on FB could be a good conduit, but I fear that on both FoM pages, that we are being over run with dar manda bal te Death Watch.  A restructuring and restart may be in order.  If you agree, I would sugest a closing of FoM on FB and a new group page to be created.   Those serious enough will return and we will be able to filter out the dar manda more promptly.  As your adviser on Tactics, Sir, I see FB as a tool we cannot ignore, it is easy and quick to access which is what most people look for.  We had our biggest days of recrutment because of the easyness to spread the word about FoM.  If there is anything I can do, please contact me (by any means). 

Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »
Mand'alor, I believe that a second try on FB could be a good conduit, but I fear that on both FoM pages, that we are being over run with dar manda bal te Death Watch.  A restructuring and restart may be in order.  If you agree, I would sugest a closing of FoM on FB and a new group page to be created.   Those serious enough will return and we will be able to filter out the dar manda more promptly.  As your adviser on Tactics, Sir, I see FB as a tool we cannot ignore, it is easy and quick to access which is what most people look for.  We had our biggest days of recrutment because of the easyness to spread the word about FoM.  If there is anything I can do, please contact me (by any means). 

I agree that a shift of focus back towards Facebook would be a good idea. And it may indeed be necessary to reorganize the Facebook group, but I would prefer to salvage what's there if possible, as I would rather avoid the hassle of organizing a new group. We don't need to continuously recruit members if we can have a steady group of active members.

As for the forum, I would be willing to change anything here any way that I can to make the experience more pleasant, but I still believe that Fett1138.net should remain as the primary home of the FoM, as it provides a stable, private, and professional place of operation, but that doesn't mean that most of the activity should not take place elsewhere. Also, I've been comtemplating remodeling the website recently, and I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions.

I have no idea. But if you get an answer I want to know. These things have puzzled me since before I could be puzzled. If that were possible.  :o

I know with myself I have no idea what topics to start, so I wait for others to start them. Like this one here. So glad someone else is on!

You're welcome to start any thread you can think of, there's no limit or restriction.

Additionally, I've started a FoM group on Steam, for integration into computer games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/followersofmandalore/.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:19:52 AM »
Well, so far the minor changes have been met with phenomenal success over only a few minutes!

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »
Out member base is too low, we need to continue to branch out and attempt to draw more members in from across the internet.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »

You're welcome to start any thread you can think of, there's no limit or restriction.

Additionally, I've started a FoM group on Steam, for integration into computer games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/followersofmandalore/.

Ou, Steam. I know there's no limit or restriction, but I figured the topic "What to make a topic about cause I got imagination block" was rather pathetic and decided not to make it. ;P

ijaat meerel

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'uus
  • forward unto the unknown darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »
I also apologize, my mandalorian ideals have been focused on aliit soly'c also on main issue with almost all of the real mandalorian groups have an extreme lack of face to face between actual members and that is something that needs to be fixed fast or all real mandalorian groups risk having people become bored with it. Aliit soly'c is attempting to plan a get together maybe this year perhaps in Nor Cal so we will see if that pans out, i think all the different mando groups should try to meet fact to face to figure out and overall plan for the Mando'ade community as a whole expand. also one reason i've kinda pulled away from this group is because one of my main focuses is on military style training and developing new weapons and i know you didnt want that on your page.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
I also apologize, my mandalorian ideals have been focused on aliit soly'c also on main issue with almost all of the real mandalorian groups have an extreme lack of face to face between actual members and that is something that needs to be fixed fast or all real mandalorian groups risk having people become bored with it. Aliit soly'c is attempting to plan a get together maybe this year perhaps in Nor Cal so we will see if that pans out, i think all the different mando groups should try to meet fact to face to figure out and overall plan for the Mando'ade community as a whole expand. also one reason i've kinda pulled away from this group is because one of my main focuses is on military style training and developing new weapons and i know you didnt want that on your page.

I do agree with you about face to face communication, but the Followers of Mandalore is primarily a web based organization, the Aliit Sol'yc seems to be a great organization, and I'm all for it, but there's no point in the Followers of Mandalore having the same purpose. However, if the opportunity presents itself, I'd be all for a Followers of Mandalore event, but I don't have the resources to organize such a thing, that's one of the main reasons for the chapters. If any of the chapters wanted to organize some sort of local event, that would be fantastic.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »
Also, I think it would be great if we can get some activity on Steam, I think gaming could potentially be a great source of activity for the FoM.

I'd also still like to get a guild started on TOR, but I'd need the support of at least four members for that. I've still never really gotten around to playing TOR, but I keep saying that I will.

Fell_Skyhawk

• Follower of Mandalore
  • Alor'uus
    • View Profile
    • The Atalia Galaxy
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
Also, I think it would be great if we can get some activity on Steam, I think gaming could potentially be a great source of activity for the FoM.

I'd also still like to get a guild started on TOR, but I'd need the support of at least four members for that. I've still never really gotten around to playing TOR, but I keep saying that I will.

Four other members besides yourself, or yourself included? If its four others then that's three members more you need, I play every weekend.

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
Four members besides myself, if I remember correctly.

Chekar Nasreyc'aliit

• The Merc
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Al'verde
  • "Ever seen what a Sonic Det can do to a Bith?"
    • View Profile
    • The Fett Aliit's Website(Note, this is for Fetts in the Veeray'tsad Be'Chaaj'Teh'Vhetin)
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:50 AM »
Sorry about my inactivity. Combining class with my girlfriend, work, and a freerunning hobby, I've barely even been able to start up my computer, let alone surf the internet with time not already dedicated to a project.

Nico Fett

• Ani'latoon'alor
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Al'verde
  • Resident Snow King
    • View Profile
    • Nico Fett's facebook fan page
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »
I do feel as if facebook is our best option overall still, as it was where we got our biggest start, and has the most members.

cuyval_dar

• Verd'ika
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 07:58:37 AM »
Facebook certainly is a good way to connect and converse. I prefer using forums over facebook because they are more structured. You can find what you want to talk about and then talk about it. Both have their place I guess.

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Followers of Mandalore General  |  Important Meeting: State of the Followers of Mandalore

gfxgfx
gfx gfx