gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 12:11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  The Fett Gazette News  |  FoM (May Be) Coming to SWGEmu!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FoM (May Be) Coming to SWGEmu!  (Read 3822 times)

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
FoM (May Be) Coming to SWGEmu!
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:33:47 AM »
As I'm sure many of you have heard, SOE and LucasArts are going to shut down Star Wars Galaxies (unless we fans can succeed in our efforts). I'm also sure many of you have heard of SWGEmu, the SWG emulator.

If any of you would be willing, we might be able to start a guild on there. You have to own a copy of SWG to play it, which can be often found at discount electronic and thrift stores (just don't buy any of the expansion packs by mistake).

I hope it can work out,
Te Mirdala Mand'alor

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:15:11 PM by Fett 1138 »
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

Chekar Nasreyc'aliit

• The Merc
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Al'verde
  • "Ever seen what a Sonic Det can do to a Bith?"
    • View Profile
    • The Fett Aliit's Website(Note, this is for Fetts in the Veeray'tsad Be'Chaaj'Teh'Vhetin)
Re: FoM (May Be) Coming to SWGEmu!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
On the topic of online downloaded.... It will not work. You need the disks for it to work. Clients started by Station Launcher, or the old 14 Day Free Trial will not work. It will bring up a window that tells you that you need to own the disks.

On the topic of moving to SWGEmu, I am not sure how well it will work out. As it is still barely even in a beta state, the servers are dumped regularly.

And, let us not forget that gameplay of the Emu is unlike that of any other. People expecting to jump into the SWG they know now will be sadly dissapointed. This Emulator was created to emulate before NGE and CU. New Game Enhancement, and Combat Upgrade. Things in the emulator are like they were back when the game first launched. For people who have never played SWG or don't know the story: some time after Launch, SOE decided to release these updates that changed nearly the entire game, instead of simply pushing it out as its own game.

As there are a few issues in Server Placement, don't be surprised if you are unable to create a character on specific servers. Last I checked, there were three of them.

I hope my little addon will help anyone willing to hop over to understand why things are different.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:04:39 AM by Chekar Fett »

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  General  |  The Fett Gazette News  |  FoM (May Be) Coming to SWGEmu!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx