gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1065 Posts in 217 Topics by 93 Members - Latest Member: Rejad Urruz March 28, 2024, 07:04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Branches of the Followers of Mandalore  |  Ministry of the Armory (Moderator: ijaat meerel)  |  SKS as a tactical and Long range tool?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SKS as a tactical and Long range tool?  (Read 6022 times)

Talkovi Verd

• Verd'ika
  • Oya Manda!
    • View Profile
SKS as a tactical and Long range tool?
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »
I am not sure if this topic should be posted here or in a different thread but figured that the subject would be better placed here.
I have always enjoyed shooting my SKS and the only time it had ever let me down was when using cheap ammo and having miss-fire but it has never jammed.
Mine is now sitting in a Tapco T-6 stock but is in no way suited for tactical applications as it still retains its full length. I have seen several bull pup kits and the better one seems to be the SG Works version and after reading reviews from several enthusiasts sites,  have decided that I will be placing my order and getting in the waiting line for it.
The main issue seems to be the forward remote trigger linkage to the stock trigger assembly slowing down the response time of the action which is something that I intend to trouble shoot if they haven't worked that out into a final version by the time I receive the one I'm ordering.
The purpose of the bull pup conversion is to convert it into a very tactical friendly asset while retaining the full length of the stock assembly making it a multi-tasker which is a concept that I love as a Mandalorian. 
I am a Mando with my own concerns in this area with a concept that I like so any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
“We have no equals!
We are an indomitable people both mentally and physically, our core values are far more
held devoutly than those of the aruetiise!"

ijaat meerel

• Al'ori'ramikade
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'uus
  • forward unto the unknown darkness
    • View Profile
Re: SKS as a tactical and Long range tool?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:28:08 AM »
youll have to tell me how it goes cuz i have a couple of SKS's and i love the bull pup style. the sks was made to be a long range weapon for the spetsnaz so converting it into a tactical rifle while retaining the barrel length will give it great tactical abilities....though i might suggest getting a flip over magnifier depending on the sight you use it will let you take advantage of its long range abilities while letting you use a tactical sight such as a red dot or holographic

SmokyMountainBoy

• Verd'ika
  • Ram'ser Skirata of the Smoking Mountains
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:49:42 AM »
Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with the SKS platform, but the few that I have shot are testaments to the Russians' ability to build a weapon that the user couldn't break with nine-pound hammer. The only times I've seen an SKS misfire it was, like you said, an ammo issue (one instance of cheap rounds, and one instance of a dented cartridge case).

I actually had no idea that they made a bullpup kit for the SKS. The idea has merit, now that I think about it. Lemme know how it turns out once you get it.
Cogito ergo Armatum Sum--ni mirdir, bal ni ganar besbe'trayce--I think, therefore I am Armed.

Talkovi Verd

• Verd'ika
  • Oya Manda!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
Vor'e for your responses on this Vode, I am working on getting some resources together that'll benefit our interests which is why I brought this topic up.   
http://sgworks.com/
http://www.cbrps.com/index.html

These are a couple of the links that offer bull pup conversion kits for the SKS. But if you are now curious, there are several reviews on those kits through different enthusiast sites.  This Thursday I will be placing my order through SG Works and the wait time is near 6 months due to the small size of their company and the number of orders they are dealing with. So it could be some time before I could give a credible account of the kit. During the wait, I'll be working on aluminum and plastic casting for armor projects.

Aside from the SKS conversion kits, another area of interest is Glock to carbine conversion kits such as the KPOS, the RONI, and H.E.R.A. Arms.
“We have no equals!
We are an indomitable people both mentally and physically, our core values are far more

CONELRAD

• Mandalore
  • Al'Ori'Ramikade
  • Alor'ad
  • A.K.A. Fett 1138
    • View Profile
    • Old Time Blues
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »
I don't know much about the SKS, but this is not a place to discuss real-world firearms and weaponry, so please keep it to a minimum. Thanks.  :)
Formerly known as Fett 1138...

SmokyMountainBoy

• Verd'ika
  • Ram'ser Skirata of the Smoking Mountains
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »
Duly noted; aye Sir.
Cogito ergo Armatum Sum--ni mirdir, bal ni ganar besbe'trayce--I think, therefore I am Armed.

Talkovi Verd

• Verd'ika
  • Oya Manda!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
Ni ceta Mandalore, I'll keep that area of interest clear of the site. I definitely understand your concern.
“We have no equals!

Fett1138.net Forums  |  Forum  |  Followers of Mandalore  |  Branches of the Followers of Mandalore  |  Ministry of the Armory (Moderator: ijaat meerel)  |  SKS as a tactical and Long range tool?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx